The quickest way to start using the Promoter API is by setting up your campaign in the Promoter app, and then using the API to send surveys.
Visit your Promoter account and choose to create a new campaign.
- Choose for your campaign to be an API campaign.
- Select/Edit an email template to your liking.
- Choose a contact list for the campaign.
- This contact list doesn't need to have any contacts previously added. As you survey contacts, this is where they'll be added and stored.
- Distribution set to 'Instant'.
- Reminder duration of your choosing.
- Forwarding email if you'd like.
- Delivery delay of X days.
- The Delivery Delay - Surveys are scheduled and sent instantly to our email client when they're triggered, but they will not be delivered to your contact until X amount of days later. This is optional of course, but can help if you're trying to set up a transactional workflow. This is a perfect setting for when users sign up for your service or purchase a product, and you don't want them to receive a survey until 7-30 days later after their trial period ends or they've had time to receive their product.
- With no delivery delay (0 days), a survey will be sent immediately upon being triggered.
When your campaign settings are ready, click Activate Campaign. Activating the campaign simply gets the campaign ready to receive API calls.
As you decide where to implement the Promoter API in your code base, you'll want to think about your ideal workflow:
"When this happens in our system, I want a Promoter survey sent to this contact."
Did they make a purchase? Did they subscribe to your service? Are they a brand new user? Deciding on this will help you determine when it's best to be triggered. The section within the API docs you'll need to focus on is https://developers.promoter.io/reference#survey-a-contact
You can pass in as many attributes as you’d like along with your contact when sending a survey. These can be useful when filtering your NPS on the campaign dashboard. The minimum requirements for surveying a contact are the contact’s email and the campaign id you're surveying them from.