Promoter.io takes great care to ensure high deliverability for your campaigns. Our average deliverability is over 98% but there are a few extra steps you can take to further ensure your surveys are delivered and stay out of your customers spam/junk filters.
Even if you're not able to have these records added, your surveys will still be signed under the Promoter.io domain for maximum deliverability. These settings simply allow you to send on behalf of your domain for further customization.
CNAME is an abbreviation for Canonical Name record, but what does this mean? It means that the record is used to map a specified domain address, such as ftp.domain.com, to another domain location, such as domain.com. This is helpful to eliminate multiple IP address changes if any future DNS changes are needed and can be helpful in creating a more frequently used address. Many times you will be asked to create a CNAME record to verify domain ownership.
Adding the generated CNAME records to your DNS (Domain Name System) will reduce the likelihood of your domain name getting fraudulently spoofed, keep your messages from getting flagged as spam before they reach your recipients, and make you look more reputable. Adding this allows Promoter to send surveys for you instead of on your behalf. Instead of a survey being shown as coming from [email protected] via promoter.io, it will be shown as simply coming from [email protected]
You'll need to sign into your Promoter account and visit the Deliverability Settings page in the drop-
down menu in the upper-right of the app.
If you already have a SendGrid account or have records added for Sendgrid via another integration or app, you will need to follow these extra steps.
- Add your domain name to the text field and click Submit.
- After clicking Submit, there will be 3 unique CNAME records generated for you. You will need to visit your DNS and create 3 records where 'type' is 'CNAME' and copy/paste the the info given under 'HOST' and 'DATA' sections on your Deliverability Page.
In your DNS:
- Record / Type - Select the record to be 'CNAME'
- Name / host / hostname / www - copy/paste the value under 'host' on the Deliverability Settings page
- Value / Answer / Destination - copy/paste the value under 'data' on the Deliverabilty Settings page
You will need to do this for each of the 3 CNAME records.
- Once you've added the records in your DNS, go back to the Deliverability Settings page in Promoter and click Validate. This will let you know if the records were properly added by placing a check mark next to the valid records.
Updated 4 years ago